Charlotte Hornets Jobs
Internships: Any Internship
Spring 2018 - Corporate Communications - Charlotte Hornets (Charlotte, NC)
This is a non-paid internship and requires the individual to receive academic credit. You should be, but not limited to, a rising junior, senior or graduate level student. The pursuit of a Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Sports Management or English degree is preferred. This internship will require that the student is in the office approximately 20-40 hours a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with research, writing and editing of media releases and other materials.
- Assisting with promoting team’s non-basketball initiatives such as community events, ticket sales and corporate partnerships
- Developing and editing content for various organizational platforms, including external publications and internal communications
- Distributing public relations material to staff and fans as requested
- Responding to media inquiries
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position:
- You should have excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
- It is preferred that you have experience with sports writing, research, feature writing, editing and transcription.
- Knowledge of AP style
- Previous experience in a college sports information office, school newspaper or sports team is preferred.
- Knowledge of basketball is a plus.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Be a flexible and reliable teammate, both within the department and the company as a whole
- Thrive in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Presents self in professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts.
- Ability to multi-task, work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays and the ability to attend company events.
- You are required to receive college credit.
- Pursuit of a Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Sports Management or English degree is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to recieve academic credit?
2. Are you currently a collegiate athlete?
3. If so, what sport?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ