Charlotte Hornets Jobs
Internships: Any Internship
Spring 2018 - Arena Operations Intern - Charlotte Hornets (Charlotte, NC)
Spectrum Center, home of the Charlotte Hornets, is looking for a college student to serve as an intern for the Arena Operations & Events department. The position is unpaid and the student is required to receive academic credit. Hours vary –You must be available for most arena events, throughout the semester that may occur on evenings and/or weekends. You will be rotating throughout the department in the areas of administrative coordination, event management, arena booking, arena marketing, building operations, security, guest services and senior executive support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in daily operations of the Arena Operations & Marketing Department
- Assisting with department administrative duties: maintaining supply orders, senior executive support, inventory checklists/tracking, etc.
- Managing and updating events calendars
- Assisting with pre-event and event day operations associated with all Spectrum Center events
- Attending building walk-throughs and relevant upcoming event meetings
- Assisting with social media management and tracking, development of social media ideas
- Assisting with Event Marketing Activations
- Assisting management with day of show responsibilities
- Assisting with implementation of marketing strategies, promotions and campaigns
- Aiding in the development of reporting requirements to determine return on investment and overall effectiveness of campaigns
- Assisting with hospitality needs for clients and executives
Required Skills/ Experience/ Abilities
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Real passion for the Entertainment Industry and an understanding of Event Operations, Planning, Marketing and Public Relations
- You should have strong time management skills and be capable of prioritizing tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Have the ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Present and interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts in a professional manner
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays (includes all non-Hornets events such as event marketing, concerts, family shows, conferences, etc.). This unpaid internship requires 20-40 hours per week.
- Problem Solving using creativity and organizational skills
Education and/or Experience
- Intern is required to receive college credit
- Senior or Graduate level student preferred
- Sports and Entertainment Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related major
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to recieve academic credit?
2. Are you currently a collegiate athlete?
3. If so, what sport?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ