Charlotte Hornets Jobs
Internships: Any Internship
Spring 2018 - Arena Marketing Intern - Charlotte Hornets (Charlotte, NC)
Spectrum Center/ Hornets Sports & Entertainment is looking for a college senior or graduate student to serve as an intern for the Arena Marketing department. The position is unpaid and the student must receive academic credit. Hours vary – must be available for most arena events, throughout the semester that may occur on evenings and/or weekends, including Arena Events and Hornets games. The Arena Marketing Intern will rotate throughout the department in the areas of administrative coordination, event management, arena booking and arena marketing. The Intern must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; strong computer skills; the ability to work nights & weekends (includes all non-Hornets events such as event marketing, concerts, family shows, conferences, etc.). This unpaid internship requires 20-40 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in daily operations of the Arena Marketing Department
- Assist with department administrative duties such as maintaining supply orders, senior executive support, inventory checklists/tracking, etc.
- Assist with pre-event and event day operations associated with all Spectrum Center events
- Assist with social media management and tracking, development of social media ideas
- Assist with event marketing activations including planning, implementation, execution, tracking, etc.
- Assist with management of day of show responsibilities
- Assist with implementation of marketing strategies, promotions and campaigns
- Aid in the development of reporting requirements to determine ROI and overall effectiveness of campaigns. Will assist heavily in the recap process for all events.
- Conducts market research relative to tour schedules and timeline, venue information, artist demographic, background and potential sales history
- Researches competitive market schedules aligned or in comparison to internal bookings
- Assist with hospitality needs for clients and executives
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Experiences, and Abilities
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Passion for the Entertainment Industry and an understanding of Event Operations, Planning, Marketing and Public Relations
- Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to manage individual projects
- Be a flexible and reliable team player, both within department and the company as a whole
- Have the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Present and interact with all levels of the organization and external contacts in a professional manner
- Be dependable and consistently arrive to work on time, follow instructions, and respond to manager’s instructions.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
- Proficient Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Problem Solving using creativity and organizational skills?
- Intern must receive college credit
- Senior or Graduate level student preferred
- Sports and Entertainment Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related major
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to recieve academic credit?
2. Do you have transportation?
3. Are you a collegiate athlete?
4. If so, what sport?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ