Charlotte Hornets Jobs
Current available jobs in Basketball Operations:
Basketball Operations: Statistics
Game Night Statistician - Greensboro Swarm (Greensboro, NC)
The Greensboro Swarm are looking for a talented and energetic game night statistician crew for the 2016-2017 inaugural season!
We are seeking individuals with an extensive understanding of the game of basketball, who are technically savvy, and detail oriented. This position will commence in late October and run through the duration of the NBA D-League season. Representatives will be expected to attend all of the Swarm home games while also assisting with various projects during the upcoming season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrive one and a half hours prior to game time to oversee pre-game setup of all stats equipment.
- Work with scoreboard operator and scorer
- Compare pre-game input of game officials, rosters, etc.
- Input all stats and information throughout the entire game: points scored, fouls committed, assists, turnovers, and field goal percentage.
- Print box score during timeouts, halftime and end of game
- Communicate with NBA IDS Help Desk.
- Have clear understanding of the clock system and its functions.
- Validate all stats throughout the game with IDS program to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Submit all final game files and documents.
- Distribute in-game statistics to media during timeouts and at the conclusion of each quarter
- All other duties as assigned by manager
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
(The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily).
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Must understand the game of basketball and the rules and regulations of the NBA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous stat/clock experience with professional, college or high school teams required.
- Must work well with computers
- Able to attend NBA IDS Statistical Training
- Ability to take direction and apply directions quickly and effectively
- Must exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Adjust and adapt quickly in high-stress situations
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced environment
- Must be professional at all times
- Flexible hours and available to work nearly every Swarm home games including preseason and post season if applicable
- Part time, reporting to the Manager of Communications & CSR
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ